Despite her modest results in recent years, Maria Sharapova is still the WTA fashion leader and Nike has dedicated two dresses to the Russian tennis superstar’s US Open 2019 appearance — one to be worn during the day and one for night matches under the lights at Flushing Meadows.
The Nike Fall Maria NY Dress has a defined waist, as the fabric is gathered for a fitted look inspired by dresses worn in New York’s posh club, the historic Studio 54.
Stretchy jersey fabric has a textured look and it’s combined with mesh panels on the chest and upper back to enhance ventilation. The orange-accented back zipper makes the dress easy to take on and off, while the zipper itself is lined to ensure comfort and smooth feel against your skin.
MORE US OPEN 2019 WTA FASHION:
- Color purple & graphic prints mark NikeCourt collection for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova
- Garbine Muguruza, Angelique Kerber, Caroline Wozniacki equipped for New York: Adidas contrasts black and vibrant green in looks inspired by urban tennis culture
- Ashleigh Barty, Kiki Bertens to debut Fila Awning collection
- Karolina Pliskova to launch 4th edition of Fila P.L. Rolando collection
- Sloane Stephens’ Nike kit vamped up with tennis-adapted Air Jordan 8s
- New Balance teams up with Gitman Vintage in collection set to be worn by Danielle Collins, Cori Gauff, and others
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ Born Free Lucky in Love style