Continuing her collaboration with tennis apparel company Lucky in Love, WTA star Bethanie Mattek-Sands is revealing the Born Free collection, to be available about a week before the start of the 2019 US Open.
Bethanie’s bubbly personality and “Lady Gaga” on-court style are infused in every collection created with Lucky in Love, since the start of their partnership in January. The latest Born Free apparel features black and white checkered pattern with a lot of fire, just the way Bethanie lights up the courts.
The range for the upcoming US Open includes:
- Born Free Tie-Back Tank
- LOVE NY Tie-Back Tank
- Trailblazer Crop Polo
- Born Free Moto Jacket
- Hi-Racer Stripe Pleated Skirt
- Hi-Speedway Pleated Wrap Skirt
All Bethanie’s skirts are constructed with unique BMS (Body, Movement, and Smoothing) compression waistbands. They sit slightly higher in the waist, and to quote Bethanie, “these skirts are the most comfortable skirts I’ve ever worn in my tennis career”.
In the new collection, Lucky in Love redefines the classic polo with crop hi-low shirt tail hem, bold graphic stars, and distressed rugby stripe collar, as seen on the model above on the right. The two Born Free tank styles offer the option with the US-flag-inspired lips and I ♥ NY version, with the heart being on fire, complementing the fire element in the Born Free jacket.
Lucky in Love was launched in 2010 by Brad Singer, with a background in tennis and five generations of family apparel experience.
MORE US OPEN 2019 WTA FASHION:
- Naomi Osaka brings futuristic Nike x Sacai performance apparel to her title defense
- Maria Sharapova’s day & night Nike dresses for New York
- Color purple & graphic prints mark NikeCourt collection for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova
- Sloane Stephens’ Nike kit vamped up with tennis-adapted Air Jordan 8s
- Garbine Muguruza, Angelique Kerber, Caroline Wozniacki equipped for New York: Adidas contrasts black and vibrant green in looks inspired by urban tennis culture
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Phoenix collection
- Karolina Pliskova to launch 4th edition of Fila P.L. Rolando collection in New York
- Ashleigh Barty, Kiki Bertens to debut Fila Awning collection
- New Balance teams up with Gitman Vintage in collection set to be worn by Danielle Collins & Cori Gauff
- Lotto introduces Pop Flower collection for Elise Mertens, Lesia Tsurenko, Alize Cornet
- Julia Goerges, Zhang Shuai show their Asics outfits