Adidas-sponsored WTA players are ready for the 2019 US Open when it comes to their on-court apparel. The new collection, designed in collaboration with the Adidas Brooklyn Creator Farm, contrasts black and vibrant glow green in looks inspired by urban tennis culture and the streets of New York City.
Garbine Muguruza and Kristina Mladenovic will wear the NY Dress, which features a Climalite engineered fabric with the Streets of NYC inspiration knitted into the pattern.
Caroline Wozniacki will debut the NY Tank, a layered design with an open hole mesh overlay, while Angelique Kerber will sport the NY Women’s Tee boosted with open hole mesh zoning at the back. Both players will pair the tops with the pleated NY Skirt, printed with the skyscrapers of the metropolis.
Adidas states that their other representatives will all wear the NY Women’s Short with open hole mesh zoning at the back.
Rounding out the range is the durable and stable SoleCourt shoe with BOOST cushioning technology.
As you know, Adidas is heavily investing in sustainability, so this collection is another in the series made from recycled polyester that is ultra-breathable and wicks sweat away from the body to keep athletes cool and dry even during long matches in hot conditions.
MORE US OPEN 2019 WTA FASHION:
- Maria Sharapova’s day & night Nike dresses for New York
- Color purple & graphic prints mark NikeCourt collection for Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova
- Karolina Pliskova to launch 4th edition of Fila P.L. Rolando collection
- Ashleigh Barty, Kiki Bertens to debut Fila Awning collection
- Sloane Stephens’ Nike kit vamped up with tennis-adapted Air Jordan 8s
- New Balance teams up with Gitman Vintage in collection set to be worn by Danielle Collins, Cori Gauff, and others
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands‘ Born Free Lucky in Love style