Tennis fashion is getting increasingly extravagant by the day and ahead of the 2019 French Open Serena Williams is pushing the boundaries further more by introducing Nike’s cape-jacket designed by Virgil Abloh under his Off-White brand.
Nike is releasing this extraordinary cape-jacket and a matching skirt, together with a limited-edition T-shirt and hat as the 23-time Grand Slam champion’s kit for Paris. The print of the cape-jacket includes French words “mother”, “champion”, “queen”, and “goddess”.
Nike’s press release reveals where the new clothes will be available: These items will release on nike.com in Europe and North America and sell at Nike Champs-Elysees and P75 in Paris once Serena takes the court.
Serena and Virgil first cooperated during the tennis icon’s controversy-filled 2018 tennis fashion year, when the famed designer and Louis Vuitton men’s artistic director created two versions of a memorable tutu dress with a single long sleeve and nude colorblock at chest for the US Open.
In other news, Virgil gifted Serena a special pair of his blue Off-White x Nike Air Force 1 Low University Blue sneakers, which are still not available to the general public. Earlier this month, Serena attended the camp-themed Met Gala in a neon yellow Versace dress and the Off-White x Nike Air Force 1 Volt kicks.
UPDATE: Visit this article to see how Serena looked in action during her first-round match in Paris.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Adidas Escouade collection for Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Lotto creates a zebra dress for Elise Mertens
- Julia Goerges equipped with Asics Gel-Cool blues
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila takes classic tennis fashion to new heights with Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens
- Fila releases special P.L. Rolando collection for Ashleigh Barty‘s appearance in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris