Fila‘s Roland Garros 2019 collection to be worn by Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens is the company’s another modern twist on classic tennis styles. The timeless Heritage line has consistently been my Fila favorite throughout the years and their Paris looks are meeting the high standards of women’s tennis fashion.
The latest Heritage range, to be debuted on the clay courts of Paris this month, incorporates Fila’s archival hues of red, navy and white, a traditional color combination this time updated with a bold electric blue. The whole idea of Heritage is to heavily rely on classic silhouettes and to refresh them with modernized fits and stylistic elements, thus seamlessly merging past and present. High-performance features of each piece in this collection include SPF 50 sun protection, premium plus stretch jersey and moisture-wicking technology.
The most successful example of this blend of different decades is Kiki Bertens’ drop-waist polo dress! I admire Fila for creating sophisticated and modern items that incorporate the most basic elements — solid navy with white accents, collar, sleeveless design. Nothing new, yet an absolutely fresh and contemporary look.
The women’s Heritage collection also includes a crisp A-line skort with playful back pleats, intended to be worn with a flattering crossback cami with bust ruching, as seen here on Karolina Pliskova; a racerback tank paired with a lightweight, colorblocked skort; a casual, comfortable short; and a Heritage dress featuring striped rib trim at the neck and arms. A sleeveless tank, short-sleeve top, and traditional polo round out the collection, together with the Heritage jacket, presented in the first image here, and a classic navy blue pant with bottom snaps.
Fila’s Axilus 2 Energized tennis shoe in nautical blue/blue curacao/white will complement the on-court style of WTA players at the French Open. The supreme footwear offers an updated outsole and breathable sockliners made of anti-slide nylon.
Do you like the new Heritage line? I’m impressed by Bertens’ dress and the blue jacket we see on Pliskova.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Adidas Escouade collection for Garbine Muguruza, Caroline Wozniacki, Angelique Kerber
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Lotto creates a zebra dress for Elise Mertens
- Julia Goerges equipped with Asics Gel-Cool blues
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila releases special P.L. Rolando collection for Ashleigh Barty’s appearance in Paris
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Nike introduces a cape-jacket to sports fashion with Serena Williams & Virgil Abloh