A week ago, Adidas released promo images of their Roland Garros 2019 collection, featuring Garbine Muguruza, Angelique Kerber and Caroline Wozniacki, and even though they stated that the clothes were already available at their website, that was not the case. The Escouade range, as they named it, is now finally available online, so we can have a closer look at the items.
The Adidas Summer Escouade Dress, to be worn by Garbine Muguruza at the French Open, is all-over mesh, with contrast white drawcord waist and shock cyan accents at hem and armholes. Cross strap sports bra and shorts are included in the design, as well as Climacool technology. Price $110.
Similar to the dress, this black Adidas Summer Escouade Sleeveless Top, intended for Caroline Wozniacki, features Climacool quick-drying fabric, mesh, and blue pops of color at the sleeves.
The Dane will pair the top with a white skirt that, just like Garbi’s dress, features blue square accents at hem.
We’ve already seen Wozniacki in the new collection at the Volvo Car Open, where a vibrant red, light grey and dark purple colorway was on display. Above you can see the 2018 Australian Open champion in the Adidas Summer Escouade Tank and the lightweight woven Adidas Summer Escouade Skirt.
Kerber’s Roland Garros promo imagery suggests that she will wear a black version of Wozniacki’s tank from Charleston. As you can see, mesh was used generously in this Climacool-equipped design and armholes are slightly dropped.
When it comes to footwear, Adidas provides the clay version of the SoleCourt BOOST shoe.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2019 FASHION:
- Nike‘s beehive faux polo and floral skirt for Simona Halep‘s title defense
- Maria Sharapova‘s floral Nike dress
- New Balance drops a style bomb with new dress for Sorana Cirstea
- Lotto creates a zebra dress for Elise Mertens
- Julia Goerges equipped with Asics Gel-Cool blues
- Bethanie Mattek-Sands delivers comic-inspired Lucky in Love Super Girl collection
- Fila takes classic tennis fashion to new heights with Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova and Kiki Bertens
- Fila releases special P.L. Rolando collection for Ashleigh Barty’s appearance in Paris
- Timea Bacsinszky teams up with Le Coq Sportif in Paris
- Venus Williams rocks EleVen Love Leopard collection
- Nike introduces a cape-jacket to sports fashion with Serena Williams & Virgil Abloh