Playing together only for the second time, and first time after seven years, doubles pairing of seventh seeds Lucie Hradecka and Ekaterina Makarova won the Western & Southern Open with a straight-sets final defeat of sixth seeds Elise Mertens and Demi Schuurs.
Saturday’s action in Cincinnati also featured the singles semifinals, in which top seed Simona Halep beat Aryna Sabalenka and Kiki Bertens eliminated eighth seed Petra Kvitova.
MORE CINCINNATI 2018 PHOTOS:
- Friday: Halep, Bertens win two matches on Friday to make the semis
- Thursday: Halep completes rain-hit match against Tomljanovic + third-round action
- Wednesday: Defending champion Muguruza falls to Tsurenko in second round
- Tuesday: Kvitova overcomes Serena in second-round thriller
- Monday: Ostapenko falls to Cornet, Serena & Azarenka advance to second round
- Sunday: Goerges buys presents for children’s hospital, coaches talk to the media
- Saturday: First round of qualifying + Kerber, Kasatkina, Ostapenko, Sakkari warm up