Reigning US Open champion Sloane Stephens is the face of Nike‘s new campaign for the 2018 edition of the tournament. The American is set to wear the NikeCourt Fall Slam Dress and NikeCourt Air Zoom Zero tennis shoe during her title defense in NYC.
Nike states that this fall 2018 collection is “a contemporary play on the styles worn by athletes at Forest Hills in 1968”, a nod to classic styles updated with the company’s most innovative materials.
All-over pindot mesh fabric equipped with Nike Zonal Cooling technology makes Stephens’ NikeCourt Fall Slam Dress super comfortable and breathable. Racerback with zipper and partially-pleated skirt with side slit allow free range of movement. At lower back there is a stylish slim keyhole for extra ventilation. The color of the dress is muted orange.
Nike proudly states that the Air Zoom Zero is the first tennis shoe to feature a full-length, curved Zoom Air bag.
The 25-year-old Stephens also stars is Nike’s promotion of the Nike City Ready collection, which comprises apparel and footwear, including bras, crews, pants and, of course, shoes. The Nike City Ready will be available September 6 in Europe and September 14 in North America.
Here we can see Stephens in the Nike City Ready Collection Pant with extra long zippers, which can be styled in numerous ways. The WTA world No.3 also shows the Nike City Ready Collection Crop Jacket, a lightweight and water-repellent design inspired by a vintage ski jacket.
MORE US OPEN 2018 TENNIS FASHION:
- Serena Williams’ one-sleeve Nike tulle dress
- Maria Sharapova‘s V-neck colorblock Nike dresses for day and night sessions
- Fila’s new Heritage collection for Karolina Pliskova brings starry sky to the US Open
- Caroline Wozniacki’s colorblocked Adidas by Stella McCartney style
- Garbine Muguruza shows her Adidas Barricade tank and shorts
- Angelique Kerber’s black Adidas Barricade dress