Nike has made no official announcement on their corporate site as to who is going to be wearing what at that big grasscourt tournament in London. I find that a bit curious, but then the NikeCourt Facebook page hasn’t posted anything since mid-February, and their Instagram and Twitter pages only managed brief Roland Garros mentions. However, Nike knows more about marketing than I do, so they must have a plan.
Anyway, here’s what we know so far from Internet research. (We previously covered Maria Sharapova’s Wimbledon dress here.) This is Genie Bouchard in the Wimbledon qualies (she advanced to the main draw), wearing the Seamless Tank and Victory Skirt.
This White tank is 89% nylon, 11% Spandex with a swoosh in Gold. Nike’s racerback design and Dri-FIT tech help you keep your cool.
Pair the skirt with the tank like Genie has. The all-around pleated look is a tennis classic — so appropriate for such a heritage-driven event as Wimbledon. It also features built-in compression shorts and Nike’s Dri-FIT moisture-wicking. Two lengths available. Content: Skirt: 88% recycled polyester, 12% Spandex. Shorts: 92% recycled polyester, 8% Spandex. Colors: Black, Blue Void and White. White is what you’ll be seeing, natch. Umpire: “Miss? That’s a Blue Void skirt. Return to the clubhouse for a white skirt, please.”
Carina Witthoeft posed for this photo on her Twitter — that looks like Maria Sharapova’s Roland Garros dress.
We’ve spotted several Nike pieces you’re sure to see on the Wimbledon courts, too.
Available in Gridiron Black (no at Wimbledon) and White in 81% polyester, 19% Spandex. If you’re looking for the telltale Swoosh, they say it’s on the left hem.
Note the heart-shaped tennis ball and the words “For the love of kicking ass.” (Imagine that. More irreverence from the Swoosh.) You’ll see that shirt on Simona Halep below. In 100% cotton, Guava Ice and Royal Tint (which we presume to be “white.”)
We do have several practice images for you — all in white, of course, featuring Sloane Stephens, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, and Simona Halep.Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images Embed from Getty Images
MORE WIMBLEDON 2018 FASHION:
- Garbine Muguruza‘s clothes from Adidas x Palace collaboration
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Wimbledon whites for Caroline Wozniacki
- Maria Sharapova‘s Nike dress with sunburst pleats
- Agnieszka Radwanska’s Lotto Nixia IV Dress
- Karolina Pliskova, Ashleigh Barty to wear Fila’s white floral lace Championships collection
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Core and Pique styles
- Lacoste look for Dominika Cibulkova, Christina McHale and Kristie Ahn
- Heather Watson‘s New Balance outfits for London
- Julia Goerges, Johanna Konta reveal Asics Wimbledon whites
- Official sponsor Babloat releases Wimbledon collection