A month ago I showed you Maria Sharapova’s blue Nike dress for the upcoming French Open and now the Paris collection is available at Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe, so we can see Masha’s promo imagery, as well as the full range of new clothes, including separates to be worn by Serena Williams, Simona Halep, Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova, Caroline Garcia, Genie Bouchard and many more WTA players sporting the Swoosh.
Serena Williams‘ big return to a Grand Slam stage is expected to take place in these dark separates, which will not be available for retail, so I have only these sketches.
Most Nike players are expected to wear the Nike Summer Zonal Cool Slam Tank, a body-hugging fit which stands out with its jacquard textured fabric and Dri-FIT technology that ensures dry comfort, and the Nike Summer Zonal Cool Smash Skirt.
The stretchy and lightweight skirt comes with built-in shorts and is available in two lengths.
We’ve gotten used to world No.1 Simona Halep wearing Nike, but the Romanian will be playing her first Grand Slam as the company’s representative and her most probable outfit for the occasion will be the above-shown NikeCourt tank + skirt/shorts ensemble, in the color neo turquoise.
The same kit will be worn by Elina Svitolina, Petra Kvitova, Caroline Garcia and other team players.
Halep’s shoes for the red Paris clay are expected to be the Nike Air Zoom Vapor X.
As you can see, NikeCourt’s French Open collection continues the story of their Australian Open designs, which also featured a short top, i.e. Nike Spring Zonal Cooling Top, that was also all about engineered mesh zones.
(source: Tennis Connected)
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2018 FASHION:
- Venus Williams’ EleVen Sprint collection
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto dress: black-and-white batik print & dramatic skirt ruffle
- Fila’s belles pastels for Karolina Pliskova & Ashleigh Barty
- Maria Sharapova‘s lightweight, strappy, solid blue Nike dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney little black dress for Caroline Wozniacki & Garbine Muguruza
- Adidas‘ flowy pleats & tricolor trims for Jelena Ostapenko, Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic
- New Balance‘s printed dress for Sorana Cirstea