In Sunday’s singles final of the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart, Karolina Pliskova claimed her 10th WTA title and first this season with a 7-6(2) 6-4 victory over Coco Vandeweghe. The Czech fired 11 aces against the American, adding to 41 aces she hit en route to the final. Funny fact is that Pliskova won a brand new Porsche, but she can’t drive it yet, because she doesn’t have a driver’s license.
In doubles, fourth seeds Raquel Atawo and Anna-Lena Groenefeld defeated Nicole Melichar and Kveta Peschke 6-4 6-7(5) 10-5.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2018 PORSCHE TENNIS GRAND PRIX:
- Saturday: Vandeweghe beats Garcia, Pliskova dispatches Kontaveit in the semifinals
- Friday: Vandeweghe, Garcia, Kontaveit, Pliskova win their quarterfinals
- Thursday: Second-round action
- Wednesday: Halep reaches quarterfinals, Kerber beats Kvitova in the first round
- Tuesday: Siegemund kicks off title defense, Garcia beats Sharapova
- Monday: Players’ Night, Porsche Parking Challenge, completion of qualifying, start of main-draw action