Work load has decreased for our Jimmie48 at the Miami Open, as Tuesday featured just two WTA singles matches: quarterfinals from the top half of the draw.
Sloane Stephens and Angelique Kerber opened the quarterfinal action and the reigning US Open champion stunned her German opponent 6-1 6-2, making her first semifinal since the surprise run at Flushing Meadows and ensuring a Top 10 debut when the new rankings are released on Monday. In the windy night session, three-time Miami Open champion Victoria Azarenka upset Karolina Pliskova 7-5 6-3, earning a return to the Top 100 in the process of building her way back up after childbirth and custody problems.
MORE MIAMI OPEN 2018 PHOTOS:
- Monday: Quarterfinal field shapes up
- Sunday: Third round wraps up, Venus saves match points to set up clash with Konta
- Saturday: Third-round action, No.1 Halep eliminated by Radwanska
- Friday: Second round wraps up, Puig upsets Wozniacki
- Thursday: Second-round action, Halep survives Dodin
- Wednesday: Naomi Osaka beats idol Serena Williams in the first round
- Tuesday: First round kicks off, Anisimova keeps shining