New Balance‘s tennis collection for the start of the 2018 season, including the Australian Open, is marked by oxblood and navy tones, highlighted by stripe binding at the neckline and armholes.
We first saw the new clothes when Heather Watson shared these promo images on Instagram, showing the New Balance Holiday Tournament Dress, while the collection also includes separates, such as the Holiday Centre Court Tank and Holiday Heath Skirt II.
The Brit posed in the dress’ oxblood version, a color which resembles burgundy, being a dark shade of red, but with more purple and dark brown hues. The item’s accent color is vivid coral, while there is also a navy option available, with white company logo as a contrast detail.
Unique features of the dress include an all-over dynamic print, dotted mesh double-layer skirt, racerback with a keyhole cutout in the shape of a vertical ellipse, and the already-mentioned white stripe binding.
Soft, stretchy knit with moisture-wicking technology, together with mesh on the neckline and racerback, ensures superior ventilation. Moreover, the built-in bra has special coating that resists odors.
As my photographer Jimmie48 is at the Shenzhen Open this week, I have photos of Nicole Gibbs sporting the new outfit that includes perfectly matching 996v3 shoes which pride themselves on an advanced, synthetic upper and durability in high-wear areas.
New Balance’s representatives haven’t kicked off the Australian Swing victoriously, as Watson lost to Kaia Kanepi in the final round of qualifying at the Brisbane International, while Gibbs got eliminated by top seed Simona Halep in the first round of the Shenzhen Open.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by the Australian Open’s beach landscape
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- Maria Sharapova’s elegant Nike dress with sheer sleeves and zig-zag waist
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress with mountain jacquard fabric