Agnieszka Radwanska‘s 2017 Lotto year was marked by contrasts — the designs were either on the absolutely classic side of the spectrum or on the totally eccentric side, with frilly and busy looks. It’s time for my last WTA Fashion Retrospection this year!
Aga opened the season with a quarterfinal showing in Shenzhen, followed by a runner-up finish in Sydney, sporting a very simple blue bright Lotto Spring Nixia III Dress.
The 2-in-1 dress, that comes with a coordinating sports bra, features back mesh for visually-appealing ventilation and mesh flouncy skirt. At the Australian Open, Dubai and Doha, Aga wore the same item.
At Indian Wells, Miami and Stuttgart, the Pole worked another statement sporty piece, the orange Lotto Spring Shela III Dress, characterized by a contrast trim at sides and rounded skirt hem.
PREVIOUS YEARS OF AGA & LOTTO:
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s year 2016 with Lotto: Dramatic mesh, ruffles, busy prints
- Lace, laser, silver & metallic: All Agnieszka Radwanska’s 2015 Lotto fashion statements
- Lotto’s breakthrough year 2014 with Agnieszka Radwanska, overview of outfits
- 2012: Aga working Lotto in her Top 5 debut season
Roland Garros was time for fashion experiments, as after a peaceful start to the season, Aga stirred up the Paris tennis fashion scene with the teal layered ruffles and forest print of the Lotto Camoflower Dress. The bold item’s camouflage pattern features pink accents, while micro mesh fabric offers maximum breathability.
Eastbourne was a peaceful white period in Aga’s 2017 style.
At the Rogers Cup, Aga debuted the Lotto Fall Nixia III Dress, a typical Lotto design with a keyhole cutout at back and flouncy skirt.
Aga sported both the purple and navy version of the dress during the US Open lead-up tournaments.
The grandness and lights of the US Open invite tennis fashion companies to take risks and Lotto embraced the challenge, producing a bold Flamiflower Dress. While designers usually look for inspiration in the host city of a Grand Slam, Lotto decided to transcend us to a tropical island, among palm trees, flamingos and flowers.
Even though the print itself is bold, Lotto didn’t stop there and incorporated girly light pink ruffles in the skirt, making the dress extra memorable and noticeable.
Which side of the spectrum in Aga’s fashion do you prefer, the classic one or the colorful, ruffle one?
Additional info: Aga’s first dress in 2018 will be the green thai Lotto Spring Nixia Dress, featuring zig-zag pattern on the front and ruffled hem.
MORE 2017 WTA FASHION OVERVIEWS:
- Elegance & haute couture: Maria Sharapova sets a new standard with Nike tennis dresses
- Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas by Stella McCartney fashion in her resurgent 2017 season
- All Karolina Pliskova’s Fila outfits in her landmark year 2017
- All Venus Williams‘ EleVen collections: Graphics, florals, diamonds, geometric shapes
- Serena Williams‘ Nike fashion in pregnancy-shortened 2017 season
- Refreshed tradition for supreme style: All Dominika Cibulkova‘s Lacoste dresses in 2017
- Petra Kvitova‘s 2017 Nike apparel in her spectacular comeback from stabbing season
- Simona Halep‘s Adidas fashion during her rise to No.1 in 2017