Petra Kvitova‘s 2017 season was marked by her emotional comeback from December 2016’s home robbery stabbing that badly injured her left hand, but the Czech lefty returned at the French Open, won one match there, and already at her second tournament, the Aegon Classic in Birmingham, went all the way to the title! Let’s see now how the two-time Wimbledon champion’s year looked in terms of Nike fashion, as part of my annual Fashion Retrospections.
The 27-year-old’s comeback was kicked off at Roland Garros in these paramount blue dirt-inspired separates, the mock-neck Nike Summer Slam Premier Tank and the white-paint-stained Nike Summer Power Spin Premier Skirt, both equipped with Dri-FIT technology that wicks sweat away from the body.
In the same outfit Kvitova clinched her 20th career title in Birmingham.
The Nike Fall Slam Dress that Kvitova sported at Wimbledon is designed to provide supreme ventilation in a stylish way, thanks to a visually-appealing engineered knit. The skirt features subtle pleats on the front and back.
At the hardcourt tournaments leading up to the US Open, Kvitova showcased the action red version of her Wimbledon dress, whose short cut makes the Nike Fall Baseline Power 5″ Shorts a necessity.
PETRA’S NIKE FASHION IN PREVIOUS YEARS:
- 2016: Ombre stripes, sleeveless polos, baby doll dresses, and more
- 2011: Kvitova’s Nike clothes in her breakthrough season
For the US Open, Nike created this Fall Slam NYC Tank that Kvitova wore during her amazing run to the quarterfinals, exposing both versions of the prism-printed top inspired by the tournament’s famous lights.
The Nike Fall NYC Skort featuring built-in extra long compression shorts creates a powerful look and performance fit thanks to engineered knit fabric with integrated metallic thread.
During the closing part of the season, the Czech sported the cool tones of the Nike Winter Premier Slam Tank, unique for its exaggerated armholes, rounded hem and again engineered knit fabric that incorporates design into functional ventilation. The top is paired with the tight-fitting Nike Winter Power Spin Skirt.
Petra’s personalized Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour shoes from the winter collection reflect the cool tones of the season.
Now that you can see all Petra’s 2017 clothes in one place, tell me your favorites in the comments below. My top choice is the US Open prism tank and engineered skirt with extra long shorts.
MORE 2017 WTA FASHION OVERVIEWS:
- Elegance & haute couture: Maria Sharapova sets a new standard with Nike tennis dresses
- Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas by Stella McCartney fashion in her resurgent 2017 season
- All Karolina Pliskova’s Fila outfits in her landmark year 2017
- All Venus Williams‘ EleVen collections: Graphics, florals, diamonds, geometric shapes
- Serena Williams‘ Nike fashion in pregnancy-shortened 2017 season
- Refreshed tradition for supreme style: All Dominika Cibulkova‘s Lacoste dresses in 2017
- Simona Halep‘s Adidas fashion during her rise to No.1 in 2017
- A battle of extremes: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s 2017 Lotto dresses