Caroline Wozniacki‘s year 2017 was marked by outstanding runs to eight finals, crowned with two titles late into the WTA season, and an engagement to partner David Lee after her tournament obligations were finished in November. The world number three matched her on-court successes with a variety of beautiful Adidas by Stella McCartney designs, so let’s have a look at all the outfits that accompanied the former top-ranked player during 81 matches she played this year, as part of my annual Fashion Retrospections.
Wozniacki started this year in her favorite outfit of the previous season, the signal green Barricade Dress Set in which she won both her 2016 titles (Tokyo and Hong Kong).
At the Australian Open, for the first time since becoming the face of Adidas by Stella McCartney in 2010, Wozniacki’s Grand Slam outfit wasn’t a dress, as the Dane sported form-fitting blue separates — the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Barricade Tank and the perforated Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Skirt.
The moisture-wicking top equipped with Climalite technology features textured mesh at back for added ventilation.
PREVIOUS FASHION RETROSPECTIONS OF CAROLINE WOZNIACKI’S ADIDAS CLOTHES
- 2015: Adidas by Stella McCartney dresses and their colorblocks for an hourglass figure
- 2014: Photo overview of Caroline Wozniacki’s fashion: asymmetry, innovative colors and prints, flirty skirts and shorts
- 2013: Dominance of colorblocks, pleats and mesh inserts
- 2012: The colors of Stella for Wozniacki’s 2012 dresses
- 2011: Adidas by Stella McCartney clothes for world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki
- 2010: Caroline Wozniacki’s first full year in Adidas by Stella McCartney
- 2009: Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas Adilibria and Stella McCartney looks
From Miami to Eastbourne, including Roland Garros, Caro rocked a lovely red outfit: the Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Sleeveless Polo unique for its updated pique fabric, front slits and slight orange touches at zipper, armholes and collar, and the lightweight knit Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Pleated Skirt, whose all-over pleats are enhanced by stylish white contrast hem.
Continuing the trend of slim-fitted tops, at Wimbledon Caro introduced the Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade Tank, whose open hole mesh back panel beautifully matches the ventilating engineered panels of the sporty and girly Adidas Women’s Fall Stella McCartney Skirt. The outfit may be all-white, but when you look at it closely you can see that it’s an interesting design with plenty of textures and details.
In Bastad, Toronto and Cincinnati, the Dane paired her white Wimbledon tank with the black version of her Wimbledon skort.
After wearing separates at the first three Grand Slams of the year, the 27-year-old returned to dresses at the US Open, wearing the core red and shock pink Adidas Stella McCartney New York Dress, whose mix of interlock spacer and stretchy seamless fabric accentuates the former world number one’s curves and offers a comfortable slim fit.
Saving the best for the last, Caro crowned the impressive season with the WTA Finals title, wearing Stella’s most beautiful 2017 design. I adore the pink color-pop elastic waistband and asymmetric pleating of the Adidas Stella McCartney New York Skirt and the way it matches the sophisticated slim design of the Adidas Stella McCartney New York Tank.
Closing the year with the biggest trophy, Caro also showed the aviator-inspired Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Jacket.
Wozniacki’s 2017 was amazing in every respect, including in terms of her on-court fashion. Is the Singapore outfit your favorite as well?
MORE 2017 WTA FASHION OVERVIEWS:
- Elegance & haute couture: Maria Sharapova sets a new standard with Nike tennis dresses
- All Karolina Pliskova’s Fila outfits in her landmark year 2017
- All Venus Williams‘ EleVen collections: Graphics, florals, diamonds, geometric shapes
- Serena Williams‘ Nike fashion in pregnancy-shortened 2017 season
- Refreshed tradition for supreme style: All Dominika Cibulkova‘s Lacoste dresses in 2017
- Petra Kvitova‘s 2017 Nike apparel in her spectacular comeback from stabbing season
- Simona Halep‘s Adidas fashion during her rise to No.1 in 2017
- A battle of extremes: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s 2017 Lotto dresses