We’re used to seeing Karolina Pliskova in navy/red/white colorways, with the red sometimes being substituted by some other color, like dark green at this year’s Roland Garros, but Fila‘s latest collection for the 2017 US Open is bringing out a soft side of the current world No.1 WTA player with pastel hues contrasted by a retro geometric print.
In the above promo photo we can see the Czech in the UV-protective Fila Fall Heritage V-Neck Tank and Fila Fall Heritage Colorblock Skirt. The clothes for the season’s final Grand Slam evidently follow the same sporty style as previous Heritage collections, with the novelty being the introduction of soft colors. The new looks nurture a gentle side of players, still, the outfits are not bland or overly light, as they feature a navy-accented geometric print and even some predominantly dark items for contrast.
Outside the Ball made a nice interview with Pliskova, taking a video of her Fila photoshoot and talking about the new collection with her.
The collection features a wide range of tops, skirts, dresses and accessories. Some standout pieces include this Fila Fall Heritage Print Dress, featuring a solid navy side panel, the Fila Fall Heritage Halter Tank, a really nice ladylike look, and the Fila Fall Heritage Jacket, a very classic model.
It’s interesting that there are quite a few dresses in the collection. Besides the printed strappy one above, Fila also offers its navy version, featuring a diva pink side panel and straps in different colors, as well as two really nice polo dresses.
Are you glad to see Fila bringing out Pliskova’s soft side? Are you a fan pastel colors and geometric prints?
MORE 2017 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- First look at the NikeCourt gear presented by Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, and Madison Keys
- Glamour, sexiness, style: Maria Sharapova’s Swarovski-studded Nike little black dress designed by Riccardo Tisci
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Epiphany collection
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired New York City’s sunset skyline
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows