When I first saw Adidas by Stella McCartney designs for the 2017 US Open, I thought that either the legend blue or the core red version of the Adidas Stella McCartney New York Dress would be the choice of two-time Grand Slam champion Garbine Muguruza, however, later it turned out that Caroline Wozniacki would wear the dress, while Andrea Petkovic would be clad in the separates from the collection, so we were left wondering what the reigning Wimbledon champion would sport at the final major of the season. Adidas’ latest tweet reveals the mystery: the world No.6 Spaniard will promote a new dress created in Adidas’ cooperation with musician Pharrell Williams! So, Stella McCartney is out of the picture, at least this time.
This exclusive New York Bra is the only product from the collection currently available at adidas.com and you’re allowed to order only one item per purchase. The tennis bra’s thick double shoulder straps are there for maximum comfort, while breathable mesh inserts at the sides provide ventilation. Bold color-blocking is somehow futuristic and traditional at the same time.
It’s not the first time that Pharrell is cooperating with Adidas. This past spring he launched the Tennis Hu, his first-ever signature model that combines the clean profile of a court shoe with the proportions of a runner, while earlier this month the musician revealed his line’s second run, the “Pastel Pack”, which remixes aesthetic elements of the famous Stan Smith sneakers with those of the Tennis Hu.
UPDATE: A few hours later, Adidas tweeted more photos of Garbine in the Pharrell Williams collection.
Above we can see Garbine wearing the navy Adidas Pharrell NY Skirt and the Adidas Pharrell NY Jacket.
Below you can see the Adidas Pharrell NY Graphic Tank.
And finally the stunning Adidas Adizero Ubersonic 3 Pharrell Women’s Shoes.
MORE 2017 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- First look at new Nike gear for Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka and Madison Keys
- Glamour, sexiness, style: Maria Sharapova’s Swarovski-studded Nike little black dress designed by Riccardo Tisci
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Epiphany collection
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired New York City’s sunset skyline
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows