I’ve been waiting for Adidas by Stella McCartney to release official promo images of Garbine Muguruza‘s and Caroline Wozniacki‘s US Open outfits, but the British designer’s new duds are so beautiful that I can’t wait any longer and I have to show you the line, since it’s already been available at Tennis Warehouse for quite some time.
While Wozniacki went all the way to the Ericsson Open final in a very nice combo consisting of the white Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Tank, its matching skirt in legend blue and Adidas Stella Barricade BOOST 2017 shoes with popping red laces, the Dane’s US Open kit promises to be even more stunning, as Stella created extraordinary separates and dresses ready to be sported at Flushing Meadows.
First we have this wonderful Adidas Stella McCartney New York Skirt, unique for its exposed color-block elastic waistband that visually doesn’t make the full circle. What’s also interesting about this skirt is a flat wrap element in the front that makes the front section half pleated, while the back has standard, full pleats. The skirt and its compression shorts come in legend blue with shock pink contrasting band and in radiant orange with shock pink, my preference being the latter, since I like combinations of colors which seem to be a mismatch at first glance.
To combine with the skirt we have this masterpiece Adidas Stella McCartney New York Top, a truly innovative design, the most refreshing women’s tennis polo we’ve had in years. Polos reflect a traditional side of tennis fashion, but Stella has given them an edge with asymmetrical hem and mixed fabrication. The orange one’s collar blends with the rest of the top, while the purple one’s collar is in daring shock pink.
I’m amazed by the polo, but I believe the brand’s representatives are more likely to pair the skirt with this Adidas Stella McCartney New York Tank. The seamless construction and slim fit are Stella’s tried-and-true design options, while mixed construction and skewed contrasting take this piece to another level. An extra touch of boldness is provided by a touch of pink at left armhole.
And finally it’s time to present the Adidas Stella McCartney New York Dress, which follows the same style as the above tank top, with the addition of a wavy solid-colored block that gives a special flow to the design.
It goes without saying that all the items in the New York collection are equipped with Climalite technology that conducts heat and sweat away from the body to keep players dry.
I am amazed by this collection, especially by the purple polo! What do you say?
UPDATE, August 6th: We now have Caroline Wozniacki’s official promo images and the Dane will wear the red version of the dress, not the separates, even though she wore ensembles at all the previous three Grand Slams this season.
UPDATE, August 15th: Garbine Muguruza will not wear Stella’s line this time, rather, at the 2017 US Open she’ll work a special collection designed by musician Pharrell Williams!
MORE 2017 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- First look at the NikeCourt gear presented by Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, and Madison Keys
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Epiphany collection
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired New York City’s sunset skyline
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- Glamour, sexiness, style: Maria Sharapova’s Swarovski-studded Nike little black dress designed by Riccardo Tisci