Fila has again created two lines for their WTA players: the Lawn collection to be worn by Karolina Pliskova and the Spotlight Set group for Jelena Jankovic. Read on, there’s a reason JJ’s dress is called the Spotlight Dress!
The Lawn pieces are characterized by petals, vertical pleats and performance details such as illusion mesh inserts. The range features three silhouettes of tops.
The UV-protective Fila Lawn Racer Tank features illusion mesh inserts at the armhole panels, vertical pleats with illusion mesh gussets on the back, and a built-in shelf bra for support.
The Fila Lawn Full Coverage Tank is another paneled design, featuring crew neck, moisture-wicking performance and UV 30+ protection.
The Fila Lawn Cap Sleeve Top seems too ordinary in the front, but there are pin tucks on the back panel.
To pair with the tops, we have this pleated Fila Lawn Skirt, which comes in two lengths, 13″ and 15″. There’s also the Fila Lawn Dress in the collection, embellished with vertical pleats and illusion mesh gussets on the bottom.
My favorite Lawn piece is this knit cardigan, decorated with pearlized buttons and rub cuffs and hem.
Now let’s see JJ’s Spotlight Set collection. It’s way more edgy than it looks at first glance!
The Fila Spotlight Dress looks ordinary in the above promo image, but when you look at it closely, you see that it seems like a successor of Agnieszka Radwanska’s crazy disco ball dresses.
The cut of the dress is fairly basic, although the hourglass-shaped front panel does a lot to make the design form-fitting. What makes the dress and the entire collection extraordinary is the shimmer-effect gel print that brings a sort of a night look to the classic Wimbledon whites.
Other styles from the collection include the dazzling Fila Spotlight Full Coverage Tank, Cap-Sleeve Top, Halter Tank, Classic Tank, Long Sleeve Top, as well as the Spotlight Flirty Skirt and Spotlight Active Skirt, each featuring the statement design details seen in the dress.
Which of the two collections do you prefer? Do you like Fila’s new styles?
MORE WTA FASHIONS AT WIMBLEDON 2017:
- Garbine Muguruza‘s and Caroline Wozniacki‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade designs inspired by vintage lingerie
- Adidas‘ “Evil Twin” whites for Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic, Simona Halep and others
- Lacoste‘s pleated Wimbledon whites for Alize Cornet, Dominika Cibulkova and Christina McHale
- Nike dresses for Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova
- NikeCourt equips Genie Bouchard & Madison Keys for Wimbledon
- Back to classics: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia III Dress
- Venus Williams to mix and match EleVen clothes from various collections
- New Balance‘s English roses for Heather Watson and Sorana Cirstea embelish the 2017 grasscourt season