These days are all about Wimbledon fashion, as we’re constantly getting updates about white designs ready for the most traditional tennis tournament. After showing you Lacoste’s pleated outfits and Adidas’ collection inspired by the duality of tennis players’ personalities, let’s see what Stella McCartney created for Garbine Muguruza and Caroline Wozniacki (the new whites are already available at Tennis Warehouse!).
First, let me tell you that the Barricade collection is inspired by all-white vintage lingerie, bringing elegance and femininity. Moreover, just like Adidas’ regular line, the new aSMC clothes play with textures and finishes to ensure a modern style that complies with strict clothing rules at Wimbledon. Finally, the clothes are engineered to support the highest level of performance, as Climacool material helps the body regulate temperature more efficiently.
World No.15 Garbine Muguruza is set to wear the Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Dress, a textured 3-in-1 piece, crafted through blending different knitting techniques. For added comfort and ventilation, the dress features a quarter-zip with contrast pull tab and keyhole cutout at back.
The seamless Adidas Stella Barricade BOOST 2017 shoes offer step-in comfort, while the 3D Torsion system provides support and stability during aggressive movements.
These socks with a single trim of red match the dress’ subtle red zipper. That much color is allowed on the iconic courts of SW19.
Even though Adidas’ press release mentions only Caroline Wozniacki, their promo pics show Andrea Petkovic wearing separates from the collection: the Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Tank, including an open mesh detail and a sculptured fit around the body, and the Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Skirt, featuring an all-knitted premium finish.
The Climacool tank is made 80% of polyester and 20% elastane tricot.
The skirt is available in two lengths and it can also be paired with this Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Top.
Adidas has once again created a wonderful combination of different textures, proving that Wimbledon offers plenty of room for creativity and innovative tennis fashion. Don’t you agree?
MORE WTA FASHIONS AT WIMBLEDON 2017:
- Adidas‘ “Evil Twin” whites for Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic, Simona Halep and others
- Nike dresses for missing stars, pregnant Serena Williams and injured Maria Sharapova
- Lacoste‘s pleated whites for Alize Cornet, Dominika Cibulkova and Christina McHale
- NikeCourt equips Genie Bouchard & Madison Keys for Wimbledon
- Fila‘s pleats for Karolina Pliskova and white disco sparkle for Jelena Jankovic
- Back to classics: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia III Dress
- Venus Williams to mix and match EleVen clothes from various collections
- New Balance‘s English roses for Heather Watson and Sorana Cirstea embelish the 2017 grasscourt season