Lacoste is once again taking us on a joy ride down a memory lane with refreshed classic looks for Wimbledon 2017.
Dominika Cibulkova and Christina McHale are expected to wear the Lacoste Spring Player Dress, which consists of a sleek tank top and a cute drop-waisted pleated skirt. I think that knife pleats combined with dropped waist look adorable, as we could see in the colored, French Open version of this dress. The breathable design, made of ultra-dry technical stretch jersey, offers 50+ UV protection.
Alize Cornet‘s promo pic showcases a pure white sleeveless polo, made of 94% cotton and 6% elastane, and the lightweight Lacoste Spring Pleated Skirt, featuring built-in shorts and zip fastening on the side. Of course, the Frenchwoman can get nowhere near Wimbledon courts in these orange Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour shoes, as the clothing rules at the grasscourt Grand Slam require footwear to be entirely white, including the soles, and even large manufacturer logos are not encouraged.
I prefer the dress in this collection, as I like the combination of modern, thick straps and retro pleats, packaged in a high-performance, breathable outfit, although Cornet’s separates are also beautiful. All in all, Lacoste’s Wimbledon whites get an A+!
MORE WTA FASHIONS AT WIMBLEDON 2017:
- Garbine Muguruza‘s and Caroline Wozniacki‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade designs inspired by vintage lingerie
- Adidas‘ “Evil Twin” whites for Angelique Kerber, Kristina Mladenovic, Simona Halep and others
- Nike dresses for missing stars, pregnant Serena Williams and injured Maria Sharapova
- NikeCourt equips Genie Bouchard & Madison Keys for Wimbledon
- Fila‘s pleats for Karolina Pliskova and white disco sparkle for Jelena Jankovic
- Back to classics: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia III Dress
- Venus Williams to mix and match EleVen clothes from various collections
- New Balance‘s English roses for Heather Watson and Sorana Cirstea embelish the 2017 grasscourt season
(photos via Tennis Identity)