The French Open qualifying is now underway and I have just received information about New Balance‘s designs for the claycourt Grand Slam.
For Heather Watson, New Balance prepared the Spring Brunton Dress and we already got to see it in action on Tuesday as the Brit advanced to the second round of qualifying by beating Russian Anastasiya Komardina 3-6 7-5 6-1. The dress stands out with its watercolor print and keyhole back detail, while performance is enhanced by lightweight perforated stretch woven back panel and skirt.
For warm-up, Watson wears a jewel multi version of the New Balance First Jacket, which also exists in white, sported by New Balance’s other representatives — Nicole Gibbs, Sorana Cirstea and Misaki Doi.
When it comes to footwear, New Balance’s ladies will wear the 996v3 shoes, a recently redesigned premium tennis model with the first ever knit, nylon-infused upper; an innovative, form-fitting fabric design that is heat-fused for strength and durability to support players during intense matches. The v3 includes a newly designed PROBANK to improve lateral stability and cut through the competition.
New Balance’s representatives other than Watson will wear the deep ozone blue version of the Spring Richmond Tank and the pigment w/ deep ozone blue Spring Heath Skirt. As you certainly remember, these designs graced the tennis courts this spring at many tournaments, while I presented the collection in detail during the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.
Let me add that we’ve already seen the Roland Garros separates in action, as evident in this Mutua Madrid Open photo of Romania’s Sorana Cirstea.
MORE ROLAND GARROS 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- Nike’s French Open 2017 dirt-inspired outfit
- Tennis styles for the absentees: Maria Sharapova‘s and Serena Williams‘ Nike dresses
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen diamonds for Paris
- Karolina Pliskova, Jelena Jankovic to wear Heritage collection, other Fila athletes to sport Tropical Slice
- Lotto brings boldness back with Agnieszka Radwanska‘s forest tulle dress
- Angelique Kerber‘s and Kristina Mladenovic‘s Adidas outfits
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s red Adidas by Stella McCartney beauty for red clay
- Alluring black and white Adidas dress for defending champion Garbine Muguruza
- Timeless Lacoste designs for Alize Cornet and Christina McHale