Thursday at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix was another very exciting day, although the craze over Maria Sharapova‘s comeback has substantially decreased.
First the local crowd celebrated the now standard excellent performance of Laura Siegemund at her home tournament, as the German knocked out eighth seed Svetlana Kuznetsova in the second round, while later in the day the mood of the German audience got bad as two-time defending champion and top seed Angelique Kerber lost to Kristina Mladenovic. Maria Sharapova continued her strong appearance by advancing to the quarterfinals, while second seed Karolina Pliskova beat Coco Vandeweghe in the last singles match on schedule.
MORE PHOTOS FROM STUTTGART:
- Wednesday: The day was all about Masha, but we have photos of other players as well
- Wednesday: The grand return of Maria Sharapova
- Tuesday: Radwanska upset, Kuznetsova, Strycova, Siegemund victorious
- Monday: Glamorous opening ceremony of the 40th Porsche Tennis Grand Prix
- Saturday: Germany vs. Ukraine Fed Cup action & Porsche Tennis Grand Prix qualifying
- Friday: Germany vs. Ukraine Fed Cup draw ceremony
- Thursday: Warming up for the Fed Cup