Inspired by Serena Williams‘ historic 23rd Grand Slam title at the 2017 Australian Open, I decided to make a video featuring the legend’s most epic on-court looks. As much as she’s the queen of tennis, she’s also the sport’s fashion icon and in this video I included only Serena’s most memorable dresses, chronologically starting from the 2002 Australian Open.
Browsing through Serena’s fashion history, my impression is that the most fashion-forward periods were the ones between 2002 and 2004 and then from 2014 onwards. Yes, Serena is currently rocking the tennis fashion scene and her Australian Open 2017 Nike dress straightforwardly got its place in my video!
What’s your favorite Serena Williams’ fashion moment? Mine is the pleated jeans skirt + black boots from the 2004 US Open!
IF YOU CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF SERENA WILLIAMS’ TENNIS STYLE, CHECK OUT MY DETAILED YEARLY FASHION OVERVIEWS:
- 2016: Nike’s mind-blowing crop-tops & cute tiered pleats
- 2015: Sexy tunics, leopard dresses, flirty separates: Serena Williams’ Nike outfits
- 2014: Serena’s Nike outfits throughout the season
- 2013: All Nike dresses Serena wore during her 78 match wins and 11 trophy lifts
- 2012: Overview of Serena Williams’ Nike fashion throughout the year
- 2011: Nike clothes for the champion
- 2010: Serena in colorful Nike
- 2009: A look back at Serena’s outfits during the season
- 2008: Dresses for the American tennis hurricane