Ana Ivanovic has always been one of the best dressed WTA players thanks to Adidas, so let’s have a look at all her 2016 dresses. We’ve sure had some memorable prints this year!
The former world No.1 opened the season in the red version of the Adidas Spring Adizero Dress that made the tennis fashion world divided into those that loved it and those that thought it looked like a tablecloth. Ivanovic sported the design during her first six tournaments of 2016, including the Australian Open.
I prefer the white version of the dress, which we saw Ana wearing in Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome. Here you can see that the printed mesh overlay is spelling out the word “tennis”.
The most memorable dress of the 2016 season is certainly the Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 On Court Dress launched in Paris. I wrote so much about it in previous months and at the WTA website, so I don’t feel like repeating myself, but in short this is unarguably the most striking design of the season behind us because of the black and white pattern producing the illusion of motion and the red contrasting details.
For all you brave fashionistas out there, this is definitely a look to pursue!
PREVIOUS FASHION RETROSPECTIONS OF ANA IVANOVIC’S ADIDAS CLOTHES
- 2015: The pefect match of Ana & Adizero throughout the season
- 2014: Adidas’ few but memorable designs – complete overview of Ana Ivanovic’s 2014 tennis dresses
- 2013: Collage of Adidas on Ana Ivanovic throughout 2013
- 2012: Ana Ivanovic working Adidas Adizero dresses
- 2011: Adidas Adilibria and Adizero on Ivanovic and Hantuchova
- 2010: Ana and Maria sporting Adidas Adilibria and Adidas Barricade
- 2008: All Ivanovic’s outfits during the season
At Wimbledon, Adidas’ goal was to impress us with performance. Ivanovic’s Fall Climachill Dress featured a trio of leading sports apparel technologies: 3D aluminium-cooling spheres, mech-like micro fibres that wick moisture away and SubZero flat yarns that transfer heat away from the body.
At the Rio Olympics, playing her first tournament as a married woman, Mrs. Schweinsteiger wore a white outfit enhanced by red details reminiscent of Stella McCartney’s recent designs for Adidas.
In Cincinnati, Ivanovic sported a classic combo featuring the burgundy Adidas Fall Climachill Tank and a white skirt from the collection. I’ve already written about this outfit in my Angelique Kerber fashion retrospection.
Adidas saved the best for last, impressing us with this Fall Pro Dress at the US Open. Adidas has always been my favorite brand because they are the best in creating intriguing outfits that are simple, as many designers cross the line and enter the trashy territory when trying to create something unique. This dress launched in NYC pictures the metropolis’ breathtaking landscape, wonderfully balanced by the navy chest and racerback.
Do you agree that Ana’s US Open dress was the best outfit of the season? Also, now that enough time has passed, what’s your final verdict on the Australian Open “tablecloths” and Roland Garros’ “zebras”?
MORE 2016 WTA FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Serena Williams‘ 2016 Nike fashion: mind-blowing crop-tops & cute tiered pleats
- Dominika Cibulkova‘s perfect fits: Lacoste blue and white tennis fashion
- Angelique Kerber‘s rise to No.1 WTA ranking with Adidas
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s year with Lotto: Dramatic mesh, ruffles, busy prints