The final of the 2016 WTA Finals is set with world #1 Angelique Kerber and Dominika Cibulkova about to play for one of the year’s most important trophies on Sunday.
Kerber rounds out her spectacular 2016 season with a successful week in Singapore after giving defending champion Agnieszka Radwanska only three games in their Saturday’s semifinal encounter. The earlier match of the day proved to be much more undecided as Dominika Cibulkova stopped Svetlana Kuznetsova’s run in a dramatic fashion, edging out a thrilling three-set win to make the final on her first ever appearance at the Tour Championships.
A week of exciting tennis will come to its conclusion in Singapore tomorrow as we’ll take you all the way to the final big trophy presentation of the year.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE BNP PARIBAS WTA FINALS SINGAPORE:
- Friday: Semifinals are set with the conclusion of the White Group action
- Thursday: Kerber & Cibulkova move into semifinals
- Wednesday: White Group’s Kuznetsova punches her ticket for the semifinals
- Tuesday: Kerber & Keys score straight set wins in Singapore
- Monday: White Group action kicks off
- Sunday: Red Group kicks off the WTA Finals + family day event
- Friday: Glamorous draw ceremony