The time has come for the last Fashion Retrospection of 2015. After showing you all the beautiful Adidas by Stella McCartney separates Garbine Muguruza wore during her milestone 2015 season, let’s see what Caroline Wozniacki showcased during the year, the designer’s top representative when it comes to dresses.
The former world No.1 Wozniacki kicked off the season with a runner-up position in Auckland, wearing both versions of her 2014 US Open dress, characteristic for their asymmetry and side ruffle. The ginger/soft power version of the dress features yellow shorts underneath, while the meat version of the item has poppy pink shorts included. The shoes are Adidas Stella Barricade 8.
A new design was in store for the Australian Open and it was worth the wait. The Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Barricade Dress is first of all in a lovely shade of green, secondly, it wonderfully incorporates the subtle floral print, and thirdly, the egg-shaped back cutout and pleated skirt are coordinated to bring both sportiness and femininity.
The dress was Caro’s outfit of choice for five subsequent tournaments: Dubai, Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Indian Wells and Miami.
In Stuttgart, the Dane switches to separates from the same collection, wearing the Adidas Spring Stella McCartney Barricade Tank in light pink and the lovely woven skirt that goes with it. I especially like how Caro spiced up the look with this orange tieband.
In Madrid, Caro wore the glacial version of the tank and paired it with these white shorts that give a skirt effect.
PREVIOUS FASHION RETROSPECTIONS OF CAROLINE WOZNIACKI’S ADIDAS CLOTHES
- 2014: Photo overview of Caroline Wozniacki’s fashion: asymmetry, innovative colors and prints, flirty skirts and shorts
- 2013: Dominance of color-blocks, pleats and mesh inserts
- 2012: The colors of Stella for Wozniacki’s 2012 dresses
- 2011: Adidas by Stella McCartney clothes for world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki
- 2010: Caroline Wozniacki’s first full year in Adidas by Stella McCartney
- 2009: Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas Adilibria and Stella McCartney looks
At the French Open, the world No.17 wore this Adidas Summer Stella McCartney Barricade Dress, characteristic for its amber yellow color, embroidered floral design and the white funnel-shaped colorblock in the back of the skirt. Back in April, I wrote in detail about the entire summer collection.
Caroline’s white Adidas Women’s Fall Stella McCartney Dress for Wimbledon stood out with its faux wrap design on bodice, nice V straps at the back and laser cut mesh trim at the bottom hem. The built-in compression shorts included a touch of amber yellow that dominated the summer collection.
Moving on to the US hardcourts, Caro switched to vibrant yellow and grey separates, pairing the athletic Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Tank with a functional half-zip and its matching Adidas Fall Stella McCartney Skirt, my favorite skirt of the season, as I adore the Lambada movement and the daring perforations that cover the entire item. To bring the look to perfection, we have these Stella Barricade 2015 shoes.
Caro’s US Open and post-US Open Adidas Winter Stella McCartney Dress was a natural continuation of her other 2015 styles: sporty shape of the top, with the zipper and racerback, as well as the ever-present colorblocks. It’s just somewhat strange that the coordinating shoes are not really matching that much: these yellow Adidas Stella Barricades.
Overall, I think this was a highly successful season for Stella McCartney. My favorite dress is definitely the green Australian Open one, but I am also a big fan of virtually all other designs as well. Even the look that I frowned at when I first saw it has grown on me and I turned to like it enough — the amber yellow Roland Garros dress. Do you agree with me that this was an A+ season for Stella?
CHECK OUT ALL MY PREVIOUS 2015 WTA FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Tennis fashion corner: Ana Ivanovic and Adidas Adizero throughout 2015
- Sexy tunics, leopard dresses, flirty separates: Serena Williams‘ Nike outfits throughout 2015
- All Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney styles in stellar 2015 season
- Lace, laser, silver & metallic: All Agnieszka Radwanska‘s 2015 Lotto fashion statements
- Sporty femininity: All Jelena Jankovic‘s Fila outfits in 2015
- Fashion overview: Maria Sharapova‘s year 2015 with Nike
- All Venus Williams‘ 2015 EleVen designs: Ola, Ndebele, Fleur De Monde and Kaleidoscope prints mark the season