Adidas Adizero is my favorite line in women’s tennis fashion, so I’m pleased to show you all their dresses that Ana Ivanovic wore during the 2015 season, as part of my annual Fashion Retrospections.
Like most players, Ivanovic kicked off 2015 in her last season’s fall dress, the black item with a tonal glossy print application at neckline and sides that the Serb introduced at the 2014 US Open.
Tennis apparel companies wait for the Australian Open to launch their first masterpieces for new season and Adidas impressed with this purple dress that offers a comfortable sporty design. The Adidas Spring Adizero Dress contributes to top performance through the ultra light fabric and sheer mesh insert on back that is not only functional in terms of breathability, but is also a lovely fashionable element, allowing the orange sports bra to give an always-welcome pop of color. The perfectly-matching wristbands were an excellent accessory.
This dress deservingly got a lot of attention, as following Melbourne, Ivanovic wore it in Dubai, Monterrey, Indian Wells, Miami, Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome.
At the French Open we had something special — Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto joined the Adidas tennis team, bringing exotic spices to the Paris tennis fashion by mixing the powerful blacks with a unique, handpainted floral print. Incorporated in Ivanovic’s visor, shoes and as part of her dress in the shorts, the flowers bring artsy and sophisticated elements, while paired with the mysterious blacks the complete outfit is futuristic and avant-garde. On top of everything, Adidas’ signature three stripes further enhance the design.
The Adidas Roland Garros Y-3 On-Court Dress also exists in white and that version is even bolder.
In Birmingham we saw in action the Adidas Summer Adizero Tank and the Adidas Summer Adizero Skirt, the light flash red version of the spring look. Another amazing color combination! The bra and shorts are green here, as well as the wristbands.
At first glance Ivanovic’s Adidas Fall All Premium Dress for Wimbledon was basic, but when you look closer you can notice engineered stripes that provide dimension. Moreover, the popular spaghetti straps are placed at two levels.
PREVIOUS FASHION RETROSPECTIONS OF ANA IVANOVIC’S ADIDAS CLOTHES
- 2014: Adidas’ few but memorable designs – complete overview of Ana Ivanovic’s 2014 tennis dresses
- 2013: Collage of Adidas on Ana Ivanovic throughout 2013
- 2012: Ana Ivanovic working Adidas Adizero dresses
- 2011: Adidas Adilibria and Adizero on Ivanovic and Hantuchova
- 2010: Ana and Maria sporting Adidas Adilibria and Adidas Barricade
- 2008: All Ivanovic’s outfits during the season
In Toronto, Ivanovic launched the Adidas Fall Adizero Dress that mixes frozen yellow and midnight indigo in the handprinted pattern that makes each item at least slightly different. The shoes that complete the look are these yellow Adidas Adizero Ubersonics.
The 16th-ranked WTA player wore this style all the way till the end of the season, including at the US Open, where she showcased the version of the dress that combines maroon and solar red.
To match the red version of the dress, we have these red Adidas Adizero Ubersonic shoes.
What do you think about Ana Ivanovic’s 2015 Adidas Adizero clothes? Without a doubt my favorite is the spring collection, as well as its twin, the summer collection.
MORE 2015 WTA FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Sexy tunics, leopard dresses, flirty separates: Serena Williams‘ Nike outfits throughout 2015
- All Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney styles in stellar 2015 season
- Lace, laser, silver & metallic: All Agnieszka Radwanska‘s 2015 Lotto fashion statements
- Sporty femininity: All Jelena Jankovic‘s Fila outfits in 2015
- Fashion overview: Maria Sharapova‘s year 2015 with Nike
- All Venus Williams‘ 2015 EleVen designs: Ola, Ndebele, Fleur De Monde and Kaleidoscope prints mark the season