Today is a big day for Ana Ivanovic, as after so many years of failure to live up to the expectations following her 2008 Roland Garros triumph, the Serb has finally made the semis in Paris, her first final four at a Grand Slam in seven years, and she celebrated it accordingly, with her team and her boyfriend Bastian Schweinsteiger. Even though they knew they were being filmed, the couple wasn’t shy of showing affection.
You may like Bastian or not, but this time no one can say that a boyfriend is negatively affecting Ana’s career.
In Tuesday’s quarterfinals, Ivanovic adapted well to the windy conditions, raised her movement level and dispatched Elina Svitolina 6-3 6-2. The former world No.1 recorded 37 winners, opposed to Svitolina’s modest eight, and converted four out of five break point opportunities. Next up for Ivanovic is gutsy Lucie Safarova.
Past stories about Ana and Bastian from our WTA Players and their Love Partners page:
- Ana masked as Zorro at the costume party in Munich for her boyfriend Bastian
- Bastian shocks with ultimate display of love for Ana
- Bastian accompanies Ana in Australia
- Schweinsteiger flies to Belgrade for Ivanovic’s 27th birthday
- Ana brings Bastian home, spotted dining out in Belgrade, Serbia