Maria Sharapova and Eugenie Bouchard are about to meet in the quarterfinals of the 2015 Australian Open and having given you a statistical preview of the match, I’d like to provide you with another perspective on this encounter, a photo of Masha and Genie from the time way before they were Top 10 players (which is especially true for Genie!). I had actually already shared this photo ahead of their clash in the 2014 French Open semifinals, but it was not in a separate post, which I think it deserves as a part of the Little Tennis Stars series.
Super cute, isn’t it? Look how tiny Bouchard was! 🙂 The photo reminds me so much of the Venus Williams with Caroline Wozniacki old photo, where Caro was a like baby compared to Venus.
Click on the links below to see some more Masha and Genie childhood photos we shared earlier.
- Little Maria Sharapova with Marcelo Rios on a tennis court
- Junior final between Maria Sharapova and Peng Shuai at Torneo dell’Avvenire
- Evolution of Maria Sharapova + photo with parents
- There were times when Maria Sharapova was less eloquent – childhood video interview
- Best friends Eugenie Bouchard and Laura Robson as little girls
- Italy 2006: Photo of little Eugenie Bouchard with her first international trophy
- Eugenie Bouchard as a 12-year-old school girl
- When aspiring little Eugenie Bouchard met Billie Jean King