We are already quite sure that Caroline Wozniacki will open 2015 in this blue/mint romantically printed Adidas by Stella McCartney dress and matching Barricade shoes, as even a promo photo was released a few days ago, but we can’t step into the new year without having a closer look at the Dane’s 2014 outfits, the tradition we have long nurtured here on Women’s Tennis Blog as part of our Fashion Retrospections.
As most players, prior to the Australian Open the world No.8 wore the dress in which she finalized the previous, 2013 season – the infamous, overly busy and super weird color-block dress.
The 2014 Australian Open dress also had excessive details, without the cutouts, but there were prints, colorful stripes and lots of pleats on skirt. However, in the end the item will stay remembered in a positive way, plus it photographed exceptionally well. Check out the photo of the dress in my 2014 Australian Open fashion overview if you don’t know what I’m talking about.
After the clean combination of simple long sleeves and lovely white pleated skirt that lasted only for one match in Doha and the eternal all-black style in Miami, Caro introduced this beautiful outfit consisting of the Adidas Stella McCartney Spring Tank and the accompanying skirt, pictured below. You can notice that the outfit is very similar to Stella’s new 2015 collection, both in terms of colors and prints. I love this soft green combined with subtle grey print, while the dual back construction with standard and racerback silhouettes is also a nice feature. The skirt is amazing, too!
The French Open apparel was also my favorite from Stella 2014. I adore this Adidas Stella McCartney Barricade Seamless Tank and this color of the skirt, which retailers call signal green, is perfection.
PREVIOUS FASHION RETROSPECTIONS OF CAROLINE WOZNIACKI’S ADIDAS CLOTHES
- 2013: Dominance of color-blocks, pleats and mesh inserts
- 2012: The colors of Stella for Wozniacki’s 2012 dresses
- 2011: Adidas by Stella McCartney clothes for world No.1 Caroline Wozniacki
- 2010: Caroline Wozniacki’s first year in Adidas by Stella McCartney
- 2009: Caroline Wozniacki’s Adidas Adilibria and Stella McCartney looks
At Wimbledon Wozniacki was rocking her best form in a long time, wearing this cute Stella McCartney Barricade Dress with a two-layered ruffled hem and the Adidas Stella Barricade 8 White shoes. In this outfit Woz also won her one and only title of 2014, the Istanbul Cup.
When it comes to tennis fashion, in Caro’s case Montreal and New Haven were marked by these flirty shorts, available in poppy pink and white. Definitely not a style for everyone, but I always welcome an innovative design and this one is rather successful.
And last but definitely not least, Wozniacki’s final tournaments of 2014 that included the US Open and Tokyo finals and Wuhan and Singapore semis were accompanied by this collection characterized by asymmetry, bust, shoulder and side ruffles, and colors of meat and earth which are not commonly used in sports clothes.
What do you think of Wozniacki’s 2014 when it comes to fashion? Which outfit is your favorite? I’m actually surprised to say it, but overall the designs were excellent!
Don’t go away now, visit our previous fashion retrospections to see what other brands offered in 2014:
- All Maria Sharapova‘s 2014 Nike clothes in pictures
- Fila reinvests itself, overview of all Jelena Jankovic‘s 2014 outfits
- How Venus Williams made her mark on sports fashion with her EleVen brand
- Lotto‘s breakthrough year 2014 with Agnieszka Radwanska, overview of outfits
- Adidas‘ few but memorable designs – complete overview of Ana Ivanovic‘s 2014 tennis dresses
- Nike fashion overview of Eugenie Bouchard‘s stellar 2014