About a month ago I gave you a sneak peek at Maria Sharapova‘s Australian Open 2018 design, but it seems that the Russian has updated the Nike Spring Maria Dress since, ditching the contrasts and replacing them with sheer panels.
The dress we first saw had black sleeves and zig-zag waist accent, while this new style is much more subtle and elegant, creating visual interest with texture rather than contrast. Also, we previously saw just the pink version, while now we can see that the dress exists in pale pink and in orange, both excellent colors for hot weather conditions in Melbourne.
I really like how the mesh waistline widens at the back, providing additional ventilation, together with the stylish sleeves. The dress actually consists of a crop top and a skirt which are fused by these see-through panels that make the look sophisticated and chic.
It still remains to be seen what Maria Sharapova will eventually wear, but the Australian Open is just around the corner and I’m pretty certain that there won’t be any more changes, that she’ll go for one of these two dresses, which are available at both Tennis Warehouse USA and Tennis Warehouse Europe.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2018 FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by the Australian Open’s beach landscape
- Adidas breaks new ground with Kristina Mladenovic‘s jumpsuit for the 2018 Australian Open
- Adidas by Stella McCartney unveils Caroline Wozniacki’s & Garbine Muguruza’s sunny outfits
- New Balance‘s Australian Open clothes for Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs
- Back to basics: Karolina Pliskova‘s navy, red and white Fila Heritage collection
- Elina Svitolina’s light orange Nike top & double shorts
- Jelena Ostapenko‘s Adidas beach tennis style ready to splash Australian Open courts
- Lacoste continues to worship navy with Dominika Cibulkova‘s and Christina McHale‘s dresses
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s green thai Lotto dress with mountain jacquard fabric