With the US Open lead-up period slowly approaching its finalization, the tennis fashion scene is busy with new apparel releases ready for NYC’s Grand Slam and Lacoste is another one in the series of tennis clothing companies showing us the Fall 2017 collection, as presented by American Christina McHale.
Not caring to jump on the dominant bandwagon of eye-catching prints and busy designs, Lacoste is firmly sticking to its traditional navy/red/white color palette and sporty cuts. Color-blocks have been widely used in the WTA fashion and Lacoste has adopted that trend, but while other companies strive to combine color-blocks to create unusual, innovative shapes, Lacoste stays true to its simplistic philosophy.
That does not mean that Lacoste’s gear is old-fashioned! On the contrary, I admire how they never go overboard, but still manage to make sleek and modern clothes. By the way, don’t you think that this Lacoste Fall Dress is in the same style category as Garbine Muguruza’s new Adidas dress designed by Pharrell Williams, only that the Spaniard’s dress is way more bold and futuristic?
Although McHale will most probably wear the dress at Flushing Meadows, the world No.61 is also showing us this wonderful striped polo, combined with the blue Lacoste Fall Pleat Skirt. And how glorious is the suit! I hope McHale will wear it at the US Open.
MORE 2017 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- Glamour, sexiness, style: Maria Sharapova’s Swarovski-studded Nike little black dress designed by Riccardo Tisci
- First look at the NikeCourt gear presented by Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka, and Madison Keys
- Venus Williams‘ EleVen Epiphany collection
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired New York City’s sunset skyline
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection