Adidas by Stella McCartney published an official press release about the 2017 US Open collection and after presenting you the New York Dress to be worn by Caroline Wozniacki, it’s time that I show you the promo imagery of the Barricade two-piece outfit which will be worn by Germany’s Andrea Petkovic, even though Caro was photographed in the gear.
Sporting a vibrant pink, red and orange colorway inspired by the host city’s sunset skyline, Petkovic is set to look stylish at the final Grand Slam of the season in the Adidas Stella McCartney New York Tank and Adidas Stella McCartney New York Skirt. The items also exist in legend blue.
The high-performance tennis clothes draw inspiration from the streets of New York with preppy sport lux neck line and vintage color-blocked pleating.
The tank’s vibrant pink detailing on the left hem beautifully matches the skort’s waistband accent in the same color.
Accessories in the collection include these red wristbands and visor, while Petkovic’s footwear of choice will be the 2017 Barricade shoe in a light grey and white colorway with radiant orange contrast detailing.
Tennis Warehouse states that these shoes will be worn by both Petkovic, while we saw them on Wozniacki, in one of the photos showing her new Adidas Stella McCartney New York Dress, even though we know for sure that the Dane will wear the red Adidas Stella Barricade BOOST 2017 shoes at the US Open.
Now we know everything about new Stella’s collection!
UPDATE, August 15th: Garbine Muguruza will not wear Stella McCartney’s clothes this time at the US Open, rather an exclusive Adidas collection designed by musician Pharrell Williams!
MORE 2017 US OPEN WTA FASHION:
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows