When revealing its Wimbledon whites, Adidas said that it was an angelic, Part 1 of the “Evil Twin” series and that Part 2, to be launched later into the season, would represent a dark side of athletes. Angelique Kerber has now shown us first promo imagery from the dark range which the German and other Adidas’ representatives will sport during the 2017 US Open Series.
We can see Kerber wearing the Adidas US Series Tank, whose relaxed-fit racerback and engineered mesh make a bright yellow bra pop, and the Adidas US Series Skirt, highlighted by yellow contrast mesh at hem. The outfit is equipped with Climacool and Climalite moisture-wicking technology, while you can also swipe away your sweat with the matching yellow wristband.
This is my favorite type of style for the American hardcourts — dark, urban design accentuated by vibrant details. Don’t you agree?
Besides yellow and black, the collection also features dark burgundy items, such as this Adidas US Series Top, which can be paired with the burgundy version of the US Series Skirt or US Series Skirt Leggings.
UPDATE, mid-August: It turns out that for the finalization of the US Open Series Adidas surprised us with a groundbreaking cooperation with musician Pharrell Williams, who merged ’70s and futuristic elements to equip Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Garbine Muguruza and other players will stunning new clothes for Flushing Meadows.
US OPEN 2017 WTA FASHION:
- Flamingos & palms: Agnieszka Radwanska’s pink Lotto dress
- Pastel colors + retro geometry: Karolina Pliskova presents new Fila Heritage collection
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s fierce red Adidas by Stella McCartney dress
- Adidas by Stella McCartney raises the bar with New York collection for the US Open
- Andrea Petkovic’s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade tank and skort inspired New York City’s sunset skyline
- Christina McHale shows Lacoste‘s spiced up classics ready for Flushing Meadows
- Surprise! Musician Pharrell Williams designs Garbine Muguruza’s Adidas outfit for New York
- Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Jelena Ostapenko to sport the Adidas vintage tennis aesthetic by Pharrell Williams