Fila has been very prolific in recent years, releasing new collections more frequently than other brands (maybe as often as EleVen by Venus), but this time they're further stepping up their game, creating two lines for the 2017 Australian Open: the new Heritage collection for Jelena Jankovic and Karolina Pliskova, and the Sleek Streak collection for Yaroslava Shvedova, Timea Babos and Irina-Camelia Begu.
The Heritage clothes reflect Fila's rich history in the game, paying homeage to the company's original aesthetic with authentic elements from 1970s. A simple color palette including navy, white and Chinese red hues is combined with a variety of timeless designs that include contemporary touches such as windowpane jacquard patterns and knit collars.
There are three types of tops in the new Heritage range: a racerback tank, full coverage tank and cap-sleeve top, to be combined with the Heritage skort and Heritage pleated skort. The highlight of the collection is the Heritage Polo Dress, while the Heritage Jacket and Heritage Pant complete the line.
Jelena Jankovic and Karolina Pliskova will start unfolding the 2017 Fila Heritage story at the 2017 Australian Open in outfits that wonderfully merge retro and modern elements.
The Sleek Streak athletes will departure from Fila's roots with urban-chic apparel that strikes a balance of spicy 1970s style and futuristic finishes. A black/white/ruby rose colorway, noveaux tie-dye print, color-blocking, and glimmer-sheen finishes come together to create a mix of statement pieces and everyday staples.
Yaroslava Shvedova, Irina-Camelia Begu and Timea Babos will have so many options for mixing and matching, as the line includes five silhouettes of tops, three skort styles, as well as two dresses (the Sleek Dress and Sleek Printed Dress). A racerback tank, halter tank, full coverage tank, short sleeve top, and long sleeve top can be combined with three types of skorts that come in different lengths. The skorts are detailed with slits, pleats and pops of the multi print. The Sleek Jacket and Sleek Pant, in black and ruby rose hues, round out the collection.
MORE CONFIRMED AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- Serena Williams, Genie Bouchard to impress with new Nike black and whites
- Agnieszka Radwanska's Lotto Nixia III Dress and Stratosphere II shoes
- New Balance ready for Melbourne: Heather Watson & Nicole Gibbs to wear the Yarra Tank and Tournament Skort
- Angelique Kerber's Adidas outfit inspired by Melbourne's terrain
- Garbine Muguruza's and Caroline Wozniacki's Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade looks
- First look: Venus Williams' EleVen Thika collection
- Maria Sharapova has her Nike dress ready, even though she won't be even near Melbourne