Nike is ready for the 2017 Australian Open with a stunning new collection. I adored the company’s Melbourne designs last year, especially Serena Williams’ crop top, but this season they’ve raised the bar again!
Serena Williams will debut the Nike Spring Serena Premier Power Dress, which I like to call the Piano Dress because of the print. I love the print, the solid panels at the bust and upper back, contrasting the slightly sheer overall fabric, stylish thin vertical cutouts at upper back and bonded zipper between them. In addition, the American is continuing the trend of long sleeves she started at the 2016 US Open.
Besides the black and white version with hyper orange Swoosh, the dress also comes in electro green with black.
Another great thing about this design is the extended back hem.
What’s innovative about the top are its half-length raglan sleeves, while features taken over from the last season are the cropped length and rounded side vents.The body’s hot zones can cool down thanks to strategically placed open knit pattern.
The crop top also exists in electro green with black high-density Swoosh at centre chest.
Genie’s printed skirt’s elastic fabric stretches as you run during rallies and then recovers its shape for maximum support. The integrated shorts provide coverage, as well as ball storage.
Genie’s shoes will be these Nike Air Zoom Ultra React.
MORE CONFIRMED AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017 WTA FASHIONS:
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s Lotto Nixia III Dress and Stratosphere II shoes
- New Balance ready for Melbourne: Heather Watson & Nicole Gibbs to wear the Yarra Tank and Tournament Skort
- Angelique Kerber‘s Adidas outfit inspired by Melbourne’s terrain
- Garbine Muguruza‘s and Caroline Wozniacki‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade looks
- First look: Venus Williams‘ EleVen Thika collection
- Maria Sharapova has her Nike dress ready, even though she won’t be even near Melbourne
- Fila‘s Heritage & Sleek Streak collections for Jelena Jankovic‘s, Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Melbourne appearances