When I think of the Australian Open, I think of its blue courts and the yellow sun that shines on them, so those are the colors I always prefer to dominate in the season's first Grand Slam. I'm glad to see Adidas went along those lines for the 2017 edition of the tournament, picking ocean blue and bright orange for the sunny major.
Angelique Kerber will try to defend her title in the Adidas Melbourne Tank and the Adidas Melbourne Skort, whose cooling fabrics will help the German withstand the extreme heat in the tournament's host city.
When it comes to design, what's not to love about these dual orange spaghetti straps that meet at center back?
Adidas says that layers in the new lightweight collection symbolize depth of the ocean and sky with sun bleached print.
I love it when tennis clothes are inspired by local environment and Adidas sure knows how to properly execute that, as their US Open 2016 collection that abstractly depicted NYC's landscape was my favorite collection of the season.
Kerber's quick feet will enjoy these new Adidas Adizero Ubersonic 2 shoes.
Adidas also had these promo pics of Ana Ivanovic ready, but then she announced her retirement just days before the new season and will apparently not play the Australian Open.
We'll see who will wear this Adidas Melbourne Dress intended for the Serb.
Just like the rest of the women's collection, the dress is equipped with ClimaLite materials that help sweat evaporate quickly and Climacool technology that assists the body's ability to regulate its temperature in scorching heat.
The collection's signature straps, layers and sun-washed graphic are also there.
How do you like Adidas' ocean blues? I love everything about it! Light blue collections have always been my favorite for the Australian Open.
MORE AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017 FASHION:
- Serena Williams, Genie Bouchard to impress with new Nike black and whites
- Agnieszka Radwanska's Lotto Nixia III Dress and Stratosphere II shoes
- Garbine Muguruza's and Caroline Wozniacki's Adidas by Stella McCartney Barricade looks
- New Balance's Heather Watson and Nicole Gibbs to wear the Yarra Tank and Tournament Skort
- First look: Venus Williams' EleVen Thika collection
- Maria Sharapova has her Nike dress ready, even though she won't be even near Melbourne
- Fila's Heritage & Sleek Streak collections for Jelena Jankovic's, Karolina Pliskova's and Yaroslava Shvedova's Melbourne appearances