After showing you all Serena Williams' Nike styles in 2016 as part of my annual Fashion Retrospections, let's see other Nike designs that graced the WTA courts during the season on the example of world No.11 Petra Kvitova, while other prominent players that wore the same clothes were Madison Keys and Lucie Safarova.
Kvitova's Nike Spring Premier Victory Skirt was perfect for the scorching heat of Melbourne, thanks to its open hole mesh Breathe material and super lightweight all-around pleats.
In Indian Wells and Miami, Kvitova showcased the obsidian navy version of the Australian Open tank.
The Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour shoes complemented the outfit.
Kvitova's Wimbledon dress was the most controversial tennis clothing item of the season, as its baby doll silhouette that doesn't follow the shape of the body is very atypical for sports apparel.
In Montreal and New Haven, Kvitova opted for another classic sporty combination, a white tank with side vents and a green pleated skirt.
At the Rio Olympics, Kvitova was dressed in colors of the Czech Republic's flag.
The US Open is a place for the boldest fashion and Petra used the opportunity to stand out with the volt Nike Fall Dry Premier Tank and the Nike Fall Flex Victory Premier Skirt, unique for its gradient coloring and knife pleats.
Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tour footwear completed this eye-catching look.
Kvitova's most successful part of the season was accompanied by the Nike Winter Dry Slam Tank and Nike Winter Victory Premier Skirt, as the Czech won the Wuhan and Zhuhai titles in it, her only two champion's trophies in 2016.
The shoes that helped Kvitova achieve success during the Asian swing were these Nike Zoom Vapor 9.5 Tours.
What's your favorite Kvitova's look? My No.1 is the Australian Open gradient tank with the lightweight pleated skirt, while my No.2 is the wonderful polo look we got to see at the French Open.
MORE 2016 WTA FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Maria Sharapova's Nike fashion in the 2016 season cut short by Meldonium doping case
- New tournament, new print: Venus Williams' EleVen clothes in 2016
- Ana Ivanovic's stylish 2016 with Adidas' zebra and geometric prints
- Serena Williams' 2016 Nike fashion: mind-blowing crop-tops & cute tiered pleats
- Dominika Cibulkova's perfect fits: Lacoste blue and white tennis fashion
- Angelique Kerber's rise to No.1 WTA ranking with Adidas
- Agnieszka Radwanska's year with Lotto: Dramatic mesh, ruffles, busy prints