Venus Williams wears her own clothing brand EleVen and unlike Adidas or Nike representatives who wear the same designs through months, the American showcases different outfits at every tournament she plays. In 2016, the world No.17 played 16 WTA events, so let’s see the variety of prints she promoted from January to October.
In Auckland, V introduced her Brushstrokes collection, pairing a printed skirt with a white tank.
The navy and green artistic pattern looked lovely at the Australian Open, but we didn’t see much of the EleVen Brushstrokes NYC Inspire Dress as Venus lost to Johanna Konta already in the first round.
Winning her 49th career title at the Taiwan Open, Venus felt comfortable in the botanical burst of the EleVen Camilla Rose collection. In this trophy pic, we can see the champion wearing the EleVen Camilla Print Inspire Cap Sleeve and the EleVen Camilla Inspire Skirt.
Clean and subtle pattern defined Venus’ Miami Open outfit. Here she’s seen wearing the EleVen Strike Print Excel Tank and the EleVen Strike Print Jamming Skirt, while the collection also features this beautiful EleVen Strike Miami Dress, perfect for players who like prints, but don’t want to go over the top with flowers or color-rich abstracts.
In Charleston and Rome, we had the Geo Swirl line which was all about the orange, grey, blue and green graphic print, combined with solids in those colors. Above we can see Venus wearing the EleVen Geo Swirl Print Love Tank and the apricot version of the EleVen Geo Swirl Flutter Skirt.
The apricot touches of the EleVen Geo Swirl Dress nicely match the courts of Roland Garros.
VENUS WILLIAMS’ TENNIS APPAREL IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS:
- 2015: Ola, Ndebele, Fleur De Monde and Kaleidoscope prints mark the season
- 2014: Tennis style overview: How Venus Williams made her mark on sports fashion with her EleVen brand
- 2013: Venus Williams works tennis fashion to remember with EleVen
- 2012: Roses, geometric and art prints in Venus Williams’ EleVen
- 2011: Shocking EleVen dresses and wardrobe malfunctions
- 2010: Fashion focus — Venus Williams wearing EleVen clothes
- 2009: Venus Williams and her EleVen line throughout the season
- 2008: All Venus Williams’ EleVen outfits
This EleVen Dahlia Frontrunner Dress went all the way to the Stanford finals. The pink dress, featuring built-in shelft bra and flounce skirt, is contrasted by a robin blue panel at waist.
Gracing the courts of Montreal were two combos: the one matching the blue EleVen Race Day Tank with the Dahlia Triple Threat Skirt and the one matching the Dahlia Inspire Cap Sleeve with the Dahlia Inspire Skirt.
Fictional superhero Wonder Woman was Williams’ inspiration for the Rio Olympics dress.
The most refreshing EleVen print of the season came at the US Open. Venus’ idea with the Prism Chela Dress was to feature both the colors of the upcoming fall and the vibrant summer hues to brighten up our gloomy days.
Post-US Open period is always slow when it comes to new fashion releases, but Venus never stops and in Wuhan she debuted her EleVen Core Grand Slam Dress, as well as the Core Love Tank (Oh & Oh print) and the Core Flutter Skirt.
In the sole match V played in Beijing, she p
What do you say about Venus’ 2016 outfits? What are your favorites? The dress I find the most appealing to look at when Venus plays is the colorful US Open dress (you know I’m a sucker for purple!), but the dress I’d pick for everyday practice is the more subtle Miami dress.
MORE 2016 WTA FASHION RETROSPECTIONS:
- Ana Ivanovic‘s stylish 2016 with Adidas‘ zebra and geometric prints
- Serena Williams‘ 2016 Nike fashion: mind-blowing crop-tops & cute tiered pleats
- Dominika Cibulkova‘s perfect fits: Lacoste blue and white tennis fashion
- Angelique Kerber‘s rise to No.1 WTA ranking with Adidas
- Agnieszka Radwanska‘s year with Lotto: Dramatic mesh, ruffles, busy prints