The semifinals at the 2016 WTA Finals in Singapore are set with the conclusion of the White Group round-robin play.
Friday’s matches confirmed the last player to make the final four as the 2015 WTA Finals champion Agnieszka Radwanska advanced thanks to a straight-set win over Karolina Pliskova, setting up a semifinal clash with world #1 Angelique Kerber.
The second semifinal will be played between Svetlana Kuznetsova and Dominika Cibulkova. Kuznetsova, who had qualified after her second round-robin match, lost her dead rubber on Friday, allowing opponent Garbine Muguruza to reclaim the #7 despite failing to advance out of the group stage in Singapore.
Keep coming back to Women’s Tennis Blog as we take you onto the homestretch of the 2016 WTA Finals.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE BNP PARIBAS WTA FINALS SINGAPORE:
- Thursday: Kerber & Cibulkova move into semifinals
- Wednesday: White Group's Kuznetsova punches her ticket for the semifinals
- Tuesday: Kerber & Keys score straight set wins in Singapore
- Monday: White Group action kicks off
- Sunday: Red Group kicks off the WTA Finals + family day event
- Friday: Glamorous draw ceremony