Red Group round-robin play completed at the 2016 WTA Finals in Singapore and world #1 Angelique Kerber and Dominika Cibulkova qualified for the semifinal stage of the tournament.
While Cibulkova won a thrilling two-setter against Romania’s Simona Halep, Kerber swept past American Madison Keys for her third win of the week, earning the German the Red Group’s top spot.
Kerber’s and Cibulkova’s opponents will be determined in Friday's final match of the White Group. The group's Garbine Muguruza is already eliminated, while Svetlana Kuznetsova has already qualified. The fourth and final ticket into the semis will be up for grabs for either 2015 champion Agnieszka Radwanska or Karolina Pliskova.
Keep checking back to Women’s Tennis Blog as the WTA Finals in Singapore are quickly moving towards their exciting conclusion.
MORE PHOTOS FROM THE BNP PARIBAS WTA FINALS SINGAPORE:
- Wednesday: White Group's Kuznetsova punches her ticket for the semifinals
- Tuesday: Kerber & Keys score straight set wins in Singapore
- Monday: White Group action kicks off
- Sunday: Red Group kicks off the WTA Finals + family day event
- Friday: Glamorous draw ceremony