The second round of the year's final Grand Slam wrapped up on Thursday, with 32 players moving on at Flushing Meadows.
The matches included an exciting night-time battle between American fan favorite Nicole Gibbs and Germany's Laura Siegemund, who advanced to the third round to meet another American inside Arthur Ashe Stadium – Venus Williams.
WTA PHOTOS FROM PREVIOUS DAYS AT THE 2016 US OPEN:
- Wednesday: Second round kicks off
- Tuesday: First round wraps up
- Monday: First round in full swing
- Qualifying Sunday: Completion of the qualifying stage
- Qualifying Thursday: The second round completes despite rain
- Qualifying Wednesday: Completion of the first round
- Qualifying Tuesday: Play kicks off
- Monday: US Open 2016 preparations are underway!