Honoring Wimbledon’s timeless tradition, Nike is all about dresses this year.
Serena Williams will try to defend her title in this NikeCourt Premier Dress featuring a mock neck, a new element in the six-time Wimbledon champion's tennis apparel. The racerback design is a classic silhouette, while the pleated skirt continues the story of Williams' dresses from previous Grand Slams in 2016.
At the tournament where she became the first Canadian woman to make a Grand Slam singles final, Eugenie Bouchard will sport the NikeCourt Premier Slam Dress, just as other NikeCourt female team players. As I understand from Nike's press release, this means that there will be no separates this time, only dresses.
Genie's dress includes power pleats and racerback construction, modern elements which work together to ensure unobstructed athlete's movement.
Serena's new training kit includes the NikeCourt Baseline Tank.
The London collection also features off-court looks, like this NikeCourt Romper which uses Nike Tech Hypermesh construction to deliver ventilation and modern shaping.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2016 WOMEN'S TENNIS FASHIONS:
- Oh yes, Maria Sharapova has a dress ready for London, just in case! The Nike Premier Wimbledon Maria SW19 Dress
- Adidas Stella McCartney London collection for Caroline Wozniacki & Garbine Muguruza
- Angelique Kerber shows the technologically-advanced Adidas whites
- Venus Williams' clean EleVen style for Wimbledon
- Agnieszka Radwanska's Lotto Nixia dress + Stratosphere W tennis shoes
- Heather Watson presents the white version of her New Balance Tournament Dress
- Jelena Jankovic's Trophee collection + Lawn collection for other Fila's athletes
- A detailed look at Lacoste's clothes for Dominika Cibulkova, Elena Vesnina and Christina McHale