New Balance's stripy navy clothes were among the most captivating at Roland Garros and I absolutely don't mind that their representatives will continue to wear the spring collection in the coming weeks, switching to the pure white pieces for Wimbledon 2016.
British Heather Watson will compete at her home Grand Slam in the white version of the well-known New Balance Spring Tournament Dress, featuring laser-cut mesh neckline, built-in bra with power mesh and the unique "N" houndstooth burnout mesh at back.
The New Balance 996v2 tennis shoes are equipped with ProBank stability technology for sharper lateral cuts and NDurance rubber outsole that the company says has been created to last.
For players wearing separates, most notably Nicole Gibbs, there are the New Balance Spring Tournament Tank, with its famous thin strappy racerback, and the New Balance Spring Tournament Skirt, with its lightweight stretch woven fabric and striped-print boy short.
I love these designs. We've seen so much of them in recent months, but they are such a great example of simple aesthetics that perfectly merge new trends and classic sports fashion that they're absolutely worth being exposed for half of the tennis season.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2016 WOMEN'S TENNIS FASHIONS:
- Oh yes, Maria Sharapova has a dress ready for London, just in case! The Nike Premier Wimbledon Maria SW19 Dress
- Serena Williams' high-neck, layery Nike dress + Eugenie Bouchard's baby doll look
- Adidas Stella McCartney London collection for Caroline Wozniacki & Garbine Muguruza
- Angelique Kerber shows the technologically-advanced Adidas whites
- Venus Williams' clean EleVen style for Wimbledon
- Agnieszka Radwanska's Lotto Nixia dress + Stratosphere W tennis shoes
- Jelena Jankovic's Trophee collection + Lawn collection for other Fila's athletes
- A detailed look at Lacoste's clothes for Dominika Cibulkova, Elena Vesnina and Christina McHale