Putting the crazy zebra period behind, Adidas is ready for Wimbledon with angelically white tennis styles of the London collection that stands out with Climachill technology, giving players a refreshing cooling touch the moment they put their clothes on.
But before I proceed with clothing review, I can't help but notice that only Angelique Kerber is promoting the Wimbledon outfits. No sight of Ana Ivanovic and Simona Halep? Have they lost their headliner roles?
These new clothes are perfect for the scorching sun, as not only are they plain white, but they also feature a unique trio of leading sports apparel technologies that keep players cool on the court when temperatures soar (hopefully we'll have that type of weather during Wimbledon).
- 3D aluminium-cooling spheres on the back and neck provide an instant chilling sensation in those warmest parts of the body
- Mesh-like micro fibres wick moisture away
- Revolutionary SubZero flat yarns containing titanium transfer heat away from the body
The world number four Kerber will wear the Adidas Fall Climachill Tank, whose bra offers optional molded cups and an adjustable chest band helping you find a perfect fit, and the Adidas Fall Climachill Skirt with built-in shorts.
Besides white, the London collection clothes can also be found in black, tech steel, and ray red.
When it comes to the Adidas Fall Climachill Dress, most probably to be worn by Ana Ivanovic, just like other Climachill clothes, it is designed for optimal performance in sweltering conditions, while in terms of its visual characteristics, it is a classic racerback style with pleated hem and elastic contrast band at neck.
This time Adidas opted for beautiful simple designs, accentuating performance features. I'm looking forward to seeing what other brands will bring to the table. Even though Wimbledon has strict clothing rules, we all know that we have had a fair share of daring outfits at the grasscourt Grand Slam, like Bethanie Mattek Sands' notorious white tennis ball jacket.
MORE WIMBLEDON 2016 WOMEN'S TENNIS FASHIONS:
- Oh yes, Maria Sharapova has a dress ready for London, just in case! The Nike Premier Wimbledon Maria SW19 Dress
- Serena Williams' high-neck, layery Nike dress + Eugenie Bouchard's baby doll look
- Adidas Stella McCartney London collection for Caroline Wozniacki & Garbine Muguruza
- Venus Williams' clean EleVen style for Wimbledon
- Agnieszka Radwanska's Lotto Nixia dress + Stratosphere W tennis shoes
- Heather Watson presents the white version of her New Balance Tournament Dress
- Jelena Jankovic's Trophee collection + Lawn collection for other Fila's athletes
- A detailed look at Lacoste's clothes for Dominika Cibulkova, Elena Vesnina and Christina McHale