I have already written in detail about the limited-edition spring 2016 Fila collection designed by Marion Bartoli and now I have an absolute confirmation that Jelena Jankovic will wear one of four dresses from the line at the 2016 French Open, while other Fila representatives will wear the Gingham collection, which I’ll cover in the coming days.
In her Tuesday’s first-round loss to Eugenie Bouchard at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Jankovic debuted the dotted “eye” dress from Bartoli’s bold and colorful Court Central collection, and the item will likely remain the No.1 tennis fashion topic of the tournament.
Some tennis fans were amazed by the risky dress, some found the print horrible, while WTA’s poll in my article 😉 “All eyes on Jankovic’s dress in Rome” suggests that opinions are quite equally divided, as about 60% voted “Eye like it” and 40% voted “Eye’ll pass”.
My stance is that the “eye” dress is nice, but my least favorite of these four. J’adore the one with the Eiffel Tower and I hope JJ will pick that one for her campaign in Paris. All in all, I’m a big fan of Bartoli’s cooperation with Fila and I like the vibrant prints inspired by Paris (Bartoli’s hometown), London (the place of Bartoli’s Wimbledon triumph in 2013), and Italy (Fila’s origins).
In which of these four dresses would you like to see JJ at Roland Garros 2016? By the way, doesn’t the style of the dresses remind you of the brand Desigual?
WHAT OTHERS WILL WEAR AT THE 2016 FRENCH OPEN COURTS:
- Gingham style: Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Fila clothes
- From catwalks to Paris clay: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s coral lacy Lotto dress
- Nike honors France with Serena Williams‘ and Madison Keys‘ blue outfits
- Ana Ivanovic, Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Kristina Mladenovic: Adidas‘ dazzle camouflage collection, in motion even when it is still
- Venus Williams‘ Geo Swirl collection by EleVen
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney lilac designs with subtle floral print
- Lacoste styles for Dominika Cibulkova and Elena Vesnina
- Alize Lim‘s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuit
- Maria Sharapova
will wearthis Nike dress
- Ball girls’ Adidas Y-3 outfits