The dress has high neckline with an edgy narrow cut, while contrast binding along the waistband provides a figure-slimming effect. The artistic geometric pattern is in subtle colors, making this one of Williams’ more subdued designs.
EleVen by Venus has been highly prolific when it comes to creating designs and today we’ll have another new release, as Williams will premier the Strike Miami Dress in her opener against Elena Vesnina at the Miami Open. Similarly to the French Open dress, the Miami item uses soft colors and geometry, this time multidirectional blocks of lines.
It’s still only March and we’ve already seen four collection by EleVen. Venus opened the year in the Brushstrokes clothes, then she introduced the Camilla print, in which she won the Kaohsiung title in February and made the big Indian Wells return, while now we’re awaiting the debut of the Strike collection and soon afterwards the Geo Swirl.
If you love EleVen, you’ll also enjoy my annual overviews of Venus’ dresses:
- 2015: All Venus Williams’ EleVen designs: Ola, Ndebele, Fleur De Monde and Kaleidoscope prints mark the season
- 2014: Tennis style overview: How Venus Williams made her mark on sports fashion with her EleVen brand
- 2013: Venus Williams works tennis fashion to remember with EleVen
- 2012: Roses, geometric and art prints in Venus Williams’ EleVen
- 2011: Shocking EleVen dresses and wardrobe malfunctions
- 2010: Fashion focus — Venus Williams wearing EleVen clothes
- 2009: Venus Williams and her EleVen line throughout the season
- 2008: All Venus Williams’ EleVen outfits
WHAT OTHERS WILL WEAR AT THE 2016 FRENCH OPEN COURTS:
- From catwalks to Paris clay: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s coral lacy Lotto dress
- Nike honors France with Serena Williams‘ and Madison Keys‘ blue outfits
- Ana Ivanovic, Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Kristina Mladenovic: Adidas‘ dazzle camouflage collection, in motion even when it is still
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney lilac designs with subtle floral print
- Gingham style: Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Fila clothes
- Jelena Jankovic’s colorful limited-edition Fila dresses by Marion Bartoli
- Lacoste styles for Dominika Cibulkova and Elena Vesnina
- Alize Lim‘s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuit
- Maria Sharapova
will wearthis Nike dress
- Ball girls’ Adidas Y-3 outfits