While we’re still waiting for the epilogue of Maria Sharapova‘s meldonium (doping?) case, the 2016 French Open is rapidly approaching and the word is out that this Nike Summer Premier Maria Dress has been prepared for the Russian’s campaign in Paris.
The five-time Grand Slam champion apparently still has her own Nike line, as the Nike Summer Premier Maria Top and the Nike Summer Premier Maria Skirt have been released, even though following her failed drug test the company was quick to suspend their $70 million contract signed in 2010. Later on, however, Nike’s global brand head, Trevor Edwards, did hint that Sharapova could be forgiven for her mistake.
The first hearing regarding Sharapova’s meldonium case will take place tomorrow in London, so the situation will slowly start to unravel, but it’s pretty unlikely that we’ll see Masha in this dress as early as the claycourt Grand Slam.
OTHER ROLAND GARROS 2016 WTA FASHIONS:
- From catwalks to Paris clay: Agnieszka Radwanska‘s coral lacy Lotto dress
- Nike honors France with Serena Williams‘ and Madison Keys‘ blue outfits
- Ana Ivanovic, Angelique Kerber, Simona Halep, Kristina Mladenovic: Adidas‘ dazzle camouflage collection, in motion even when it is still
- Venus Williams‘ Geo Swirl collection by EleVen
- Caroline Wozniacki‘s and Garbine Muguruza‘s Adidas by Stella McCartney lilac designs with subtle floral print
- Gingham style: Karolina Pliskova‘s and Yaroslava Shvedova‘s Fila clothes
- Jelena Jankovic’s colorful limited-edition Fila dresses by Marion Bartoli
- Lacoste styles for Dominika Cibulkova and Elena Vesnina
- Alize Lim‘s Le Coq Sportif jumpsuit
- Ball girls’ Adidas Y-3 outfits